YESTERDAY, I TUMBLED…
October 26, 2013 § Leave a comment
Aren’t Fridays the best? You wake up and know that you can stay up as late as you want, because tomorrow is Saturday and no problems arise by sleeping away the entire day. You can drink coffee at six because you know you won’t want to go to bed before many more hours have past. You can attend class and be content with not listening to what the lecturer is babbling on about. Why? Because it’s friday! How can school expect you to uphold concentration during the weekend?! Why even ARE there classes on a Friday?
In my experience, Friday classes are for tumbling. This inability to let my sponge of a brain absorb anything other than tequila and pretty things is quite compatible with tumblr. Therefore, I hereby instate “tumblr saturday”. What does this imply, you ask? Well, it’s simple. I show you what I tumbled yesterday!
… Let the games begin.
1. A man in with a rabbit head. Honestly, I think it was the abs that convinced me to post this. Additionally, it might have been the very inventive pun of a man as a sex toy. You choose.
2. Look! It’s a baby giraffe! No explanation needed.
3. I posted this photo on tumblr after finding it on the website of british Vogue. Why? The matching pyjamas and headboard.
4. HIPPIES ARE THE BEST.
5. This is what I wished I looked like on the first day of high school. Don’t judge. I would have been the coolest kid if I could have done it over again now.
6. Michaela Bercu by Peter Lindbergh for Vogue November 1988, Anna Wintor’s first issue of Vogue. This is what she said:
It was so unlike the studied and elegant close-ups that were typical of Vogue’s covers back then, with tons of makeup and major jewelry. This one broke all the rules. Michaela wasn’t looking at you, and worse, she had her eyes almost closed. Her hair was blowing across her face. It looked easy, casual, a moment that had been snapped on the street, which it had been, and which was the whole point. Afterwards, in the way that these things can happen, people applied all sorts of interpretations: It was about mixing high and low, Michaela was pregnant, it was a religious statement. But none of these things was true. I had just looked at that picture and sensed the winds of change. And you can’t ask for more from a cover image than that” (The Coveteur).
7. Because sometimes, people just talk bullshit. Because sometimes, people’s thoughts are just bullshit. Because sometimes, life seems like bullshit.
8. Billie Holiday, because I always listen to jazz when cooking really great dinners.
9. Poppy Delevingne, because her style is flawless. She reminds me of a real-life Serena van der Woodsen.
10. Finally, Carrie Bradshaw. She holds the key to all my sexually related questions. Also, she is my journalistic inspiration. Someday, I want to be her. Okay, not literally be her, but be like her. Not in the fact that I’m more a Samantha, Miranda or Charlotte. No, I just wish to be celebrated for asking the right questions and sharing my thoughts to the world. Be it sex or democracy.
Until next time, tumble on!